There’s no better way to head into the weekend then with a recipe for the BEST Rice Krispie Squares ever!
Now I know what you’re thinking– seriously, a recipe for Rice Krispie Squares?! But let me tell you, even this simple dessert can be made wrong! Haven’t you ever bit into a Rice Krispie square that was so rock solid that you almost broke a tooth?! I know I have!
Never fear, I have tested & perfected this Rice Krispie square recipe 🙂
Normally, on the side of the Rice Krispie box, it gives you recipe for their version of Rice Krispie squares. It called for “3 tablespoons” of butter. This is where the problem starts… You need a bit more butter, and a bit more marshmellow to get that perfectly gooey & soft Rice Krispie Square.
Try this version of my Rice Krispie Squares out– I promise you won’t be disappointed 🙂 !
The Perfect Rice Krispie Squares
- Servings: 24 squares
- Time: 10 minutes + cooling time
- Author: Recipe from The Last Course Kitchen
- 3/4 cups Unsalted Churn 84 Butter
- 8 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 8 cups marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- sprinkles (optional)
- Spray a 9×13 with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large sauce pot over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Next, add the marshmallows and stir until the melted butter and marshmallows are completely melted.
- Take the pot off the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and Rice Krispie Cereal and mix until everything is combined.
- Pour the mixture into the 9×13 pan and press down slightly so the Rice Krispies are evenly distributed.
- Optional to cover with sprinkles, but highly recommended!
- Let cool at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- Cut into equal pieces & enjoy.
- They will stay fresh in an airtight container for 4-5 days.