Hey everyone! Happy Friday 🙂 Today I’m sharing with you this recipe for Easy Coconut Macaroons.
Last weekend I went away to Blue Mountain with a group of friends and during our pre-trip Costco adventure we picked up a box of coconut macaroons. I forgot how much I absolutely LOVE these bite sized treats so I knew I had to try out a homemade recipe.
I found a few recipes that called for whipped egg whites, and just way too many steps for my liking. I wanted this recipe to be something simple that could be prepared from start to finish in under an hour.
Make sure that when you’re baking these that the coconut gets a nice golden brown colour to them, on both the top and bottom, because that means delicious toasted coconut flavour- key for these macaroons!
I chose to keep these simple without any add ins, but they would be SO delicious if they were dipped in some milk or dark chocolate. I hope you enjoy these, please leave any comments or questions below 🙂
Easy Coconut Macaroons
- Servings: 28-30 macaroons
- Time: 10 minutes prep, 30 minutes cook time
- Author: Recipe from The Last Course kitchen
- 6 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tin (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon water (or more, if needed)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees & line two cookie sheets with parchment paper (or use a non-stick silicone baking liner)
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut and flour.
- Then, add the tin of sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and water.
- Mix until combined. You may need to add more water if there is still a bit of dry coconut/flour remaining.
- Scoop mixture onto the lined cookie sheets with a 2 tablespoon scoop, approximately 1″ apart (they won’t spread during baking)
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until coconut has become golden brown.
- Let cool & enjoy!